If you have not already completed the young people survey on accidental injury we would love to hear from you. It should take no longer than a few minutes to complete.
RoSPA is keen to secure the views of young people across Scotland regarding accidental injuries and any accidents they may have been involved in as a child or young person. Please share the link to the survey with any young people you know and ask them to share with their friends. The UNCRC survey on accidental injury – RoSPA
Accidents can happen in many places including: in the home, on the road, in the workplace and in and around water. We want to learn from young people about the best way to share prevention information so that we can help avoid children and young people suffering from falls, burns and scalds, poisoning, drowning, and the many other accidental injuries often faced on a daily basis.
This survey is being conducted in line with the right for children and young people to be heard under articles 13 and 24 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), which acknowledges children and young people’s opinions are valid and should be listened to, and includes the right for parents and carers to have enough information to prevent their children from suffering an injury.
The survey will not collect any personal information, and the results will be used to inform:
· The generic location that young people had an accident, i.e. was it on a road, in or around water, in the home or in a workplace
· What type of injury was suffered, e.g. broken bone
· What accident prevention measures young people consider may have prevented their accident
· Which organisations are seen by young people to be responsible for educating them about accident prevention
· The best methods to disseminate safety information to young people by RoSPA.
The survey is open to all young people across Scotland and takes just a few minutes to complete. To participate, click here. Please share with your friends and encourage them to complete the survey.
Should you have any comments or questions, please get in touch with email@example.com
Survey results will be published once responses have been gathered. Please check back soon.